Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- ⅓ cup almonds
- ⅓ cup pecans
- 1⅓ cups dates, pitted
- 3 Tb. coconut, shredded
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tb. unsweetened cocoa powder (add more for richer chocolate flavor)
- 1-2 Tb. milk
- Coconut flakes
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Mini chocolate chips
- Mini candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Replace milk with soy milk, nut milk or water.
- To really sweeten the deal, dip bites into melted chocolate before adding toppings.
- Wear plastic food-grade gloves while rolling bites to keep mixture from sticking to your fingers.
- Adjust ingredients for those with nut allergies. Use oatmeal or puffed rice cereal instead.
- Not a chocolate lover? Omit the cocoa powder.
- If the mixture is too dry to roll, add a teaspoon of liquid at a time to change consistency.